Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm feeling homesick.................

It's a funny feeling, being homesick, and it's not something that I'm used to.

As it has been years I am staying away from home and so am quite accustomed to live all alone. My parents came to visit me last weekend, and I enjoyed every single second with them. Four days were full of happiness and I wish such days will come soon.

And as they left for Guwahati today, I'm experiencing my first real pangs of homesickness. I guess it's because I'm just back to the boring corporate life and there is nothing more than work and work only…While I was coming to office I had the idle time to think about home…..how things were different some few years back. At that time I used to feel so secure under the company and guidance of my parents. But now every single decision I have to take on my own.

I miss Guwahati city like freaking crazy. I haven't been home in so long I feel so disconnected. Thoughts of the wonderful days are totally overwhelming my mind. I just want to be back there, in my own room, sharing moments with my siblings, watching nature from close proximity, enjoy rain on and often, hanging out in parking lots at night, reconnecting with my loved ones………... I never stop missing Guwahati, ever. It's a special place that I can never forget. It's not only my hometown as I feel such a strong connection to those mountains, the culture, and the people.

In fact, my experience of feeling homesick was a feeling of wanting to be somewhere other than where I am now, just for a little while. I wanted to be close to my family and have fun with some old friends. My first thought was that perhaps it is familiarity that I miss, and then I started to wonder if there was something uncomfortable in my life that I want to get away from. Why was it that I had been feeling perfectly happy and then I had felt homesick?

Amidst all these emotions, I have realized that I was dwelling on the past and fantasizing about the future and as a result I was not enjoying where I am today. But now onwards….there will be nothing like this.

2 comments:

Rajesh Thakur said...

Come back to Delhi Gitanjali...

Gitanjali Verma said...

I am very much in Delhi...

Post a Comment