Saturday, June 19, 2010

It’s all in words...

Today, when I woke up in the morning, I felt relaxed and a different kind of happiness. At times, some petty things just seem to make our day and we don’t have an idea about it. These may be so trivial to us yet we experience some untold happiness and we possibly try to spread this happiness throughout the day. This morning I spoke with one of my sister with whom I was having some problems for quite some time. But today, I felt that things are going to be right soon.

When I spoke to her I could feel the warmth of her loving words, her enticing voice and the love and care she have for me. It wasn't as if spoke to her at length but our short conversation has undoubtedly left an impression in my mind. The feel good factor certainly made its presence felt. Here a big role is played by the words she and I used while communicating with each other.

Our elders have always advised us to use words judiciously. Words which work wonder at very place need some careful placement. But the flip side is if used unnecessary or in excess brings unwanted sorrow. In this mechanical world where we all are rushing a few loving words gives great consequences. An enthusiastic pat, a loving gesture, a warm hug, a benevolent smile indeed does make a difference. Mellowing down even the harshest words helps any fragile relationship turn into rock solid.

At this moment, some words of a famous band are striking my mind, - “it’s only words and words are all I have to take your heart away". And the deep meaning of these words is so true. Try it... The words you use to express yourself say more about you than you think. In fact, your vocabulary and the use of appropriate words say more about you than the message you are trying communicate. You are judged by the words you use.

My English teacher in school used to tell us that “words are not just sounds that we make, or inanimate objects to toss around, but words carry emotions, memories and evoke feelings. Before uttering a word, it’s important to question every word that er use and how someone can interpret them.” Today, I have really understood the meaning behind it.

So, remember it’s all in words and so use it in a precise manner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very nice Gitanjali... I like it very much... I like all blogs post by you... you know, you are very emotional and sweet... You have the power of words which can impress anybody... Yours thoughts are very much close to mine or I can say its my thoughts in your words... Sometimes you get depressed... Depression is part of our life... You can share your feeling with your true friends, it help you to get out of it... Always Smile... My best wishes is always with you... I feel great to get friend like you...

Post a Comment